If you have an emergency during our normal business hours, we can help.  Please call ahead if possible so we can be prepared for your arrival.

 Emergencies include:

  • Respiratory distress (trouble breathing), or blue/purple gums

  • Trauma, such as being hit by a car or attacked by another animal

  • Not being able to urinate

  • Seizures

  • Severe pain

  • Severe vomiting

  • Rattlesnake bite

  • Heat stroke

  • Collapse

  • Ingestion of a toxin, or xylitol (an artificial sweetener)

If your pet has ingested a toxin or medication that isn't meant for them, please bring the package in with you.

You can also call Kansas State University's free 24 hour pet poison control hotline at 785-532-5679.  They can tell you if the amount of toxin ingested is toxic for your pet.  We may still need to see your pet to induce vomiting, administer activated charcoal to prevent the toxin from being absorbed, or other treatments.

9670 E Riggs Rd #109 • Sun Lakes, AZ 85248
 M - F 8:00am - 5:30pm | Sat 9:00am - 1:00pm
 480.895.7633                     office@slcac.com